Stan concentrates his practice in areas of real estate development, public law, and representation of real estate lenders.
Stan represents private and governmental clients in a variety of real estate and economic development-related matters requiring knowledge of laws relating to real estate, land use and governmental approval, and real estate lending. He has represented both private developers and governmental units in a wide range of real estate and economic development projects, and private lenders involved in the financing of such projects.
He is a senior attorney having joined the Gray Plant Mooty law firm in 1974, and was a principal until 1995.
- General representation of clients in real estate development matters
- Experience in developing low- and moderate-income financing throughout the State of Minnesota
- Park Rapids Housing Inc., chief executive officer
- St. Cloud Housing Inc., chief executive officer
- Sartell Housing, Inc., chief executive officer
- General Partner of Bemidji Townhouse Limited Partnership, R & W Limited Partnership, Rushford Housing Limited Partnership, Park Rapids Housing Limited Partnership, St. Cloud Housing, Inc., St. Cloud Housing Limited Partnership, and Sartell Housing Limited Partnership
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., 1974
- College of St. Thomas, undergraduate degree, 1969
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Stearns-Benton Bar Association
- City of Sartell Economic Development Commission, chairman
- Science Initiative for Central Minnesota, member
- St. Cloud Downtown Council, Board of Directors, member, and Development Committee, chairman
- Quiet Oaks, Board of Directors, member and past chairman
- St. Cloud Area Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, past member
- St. Cloud Area YMCA, Board of Directors, past member