Matt is an associate and a member of Gray Plant Mooty's Litigation practice group. He is involved in trial and appellate advocacy for clients in state and federal court, covering such areas as tort litigation, general liability, and insurance coverage matters.
Before joining Gray Plant Mooty, Matt's career was in the property/casualty insurance industry. He has more than 15 years’ experience in commercial and personal lines claims investigation and adjusting including handling of bodily injury claims ranging from soft tissue to catastrophic injuries, wrongful death, property damage, product liability and recall, auto liability, general and premises liability, and construction defect. Matt has had significant involvement in complex coverage, bad faith, and insurance fraud issues.
Matt also spent time as a licensed private investigator and with the Minnesota Twins in the Fantasy Play-by-Play program.
- “Real Estate Transactions Gone Bad,” National Business Institute, April 2012
- Insurance presentation for tornado victims in North Minneapolis, May 2011
- “Defeat of Anti-insurance Legislation in Minnesota,” Westfield Group, company meeting, June 2007
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
William Mitchell Law Review, assistant editor
- Gustavus Adolphus College, B.A. in political science and communication, magna cum laude
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
Honors and Distinctions
- Burton Award, nominee for excellence in legal writing
- Certificate of Merit, Westfield Group
- Recipient of 11 CALI Excellence for the Future Awards including Civil Procedure, Torts, Property, Evidence, ADR, Intellectual Property, and Sports Law
- Burroughs Elementary School, classroom volunteer
- Lynnhurst Area Recreation Council, board member, youth sports coach
- Mount Olivet Lutheran Church, volunteer