David serves as 'of counsel' to Gray Plant Mooty practicing in the areas of business and administrative law. He is experienced as a lead negotiator in major projects involving public-private partnerships, e.g., the agreements in Anoka County and Dakota County with private contractors to construct their waste management facilities.
David was an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Minnesota. He was also on the University of Minnesota Board of Regents from 1977-1989 and chair from 1987-1989.
- Harvard Law School, LL.B., 1963
- University of Minnesota, B.A., 1960
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- University of Minnesota Board of Regents, past chair
- Minnesota Institute of Arts, life trustee and past chairman
- Minneapolis Club, past Board of Governors, member
- Blake School, past Board of Governors, member
- Guthrie Theater, past board member
- Council on Crime and Justice, past board member
- Minnesota Book Award, best non-fiction winner